Kenya Parrish-Dixon, our COO and General Counsel, has a busy March planned! She will be speaking at three legal industry events. Join her at any of the following:
- ACC’s Cybersecurity Summit
- March 2, 11:15 a.m. ET
- Topic: How Companies Can Ensure Their Law Firms Have The Right Level of Information Security
- Description: This discussion will explore the Association of Corporate Counsel’s recently launched Data Steward Program for assessing, benchmarking, validating and accrediting law firms on their information security capabilities. The Program utilizes a consistent, standardized process based on established information security standards, to enable law firms to easily demonstrate that they follow best practices. A number of large corporate legal departments have decided to standardize on the Program as a more secure and efficient model for assuring law firm security. Even better, this program is free for corporate legal departments.
- Registration: https://web.cvent.com/event/53c5917c-eb7e-482f-8863-3bea1c10e1cf/regProcessStep1
- ACEDS Webinar
- University of Florida’s 8th Annual E-Discovery Conference
- March 18, 4:00 p.m. ET
- Topic: Privacy Pandemic! The Impact of Privacy Law Changes and Global COVID-19 on E-Discovery
- Description: Recent data privacy law changes in the European Union and in the State of California have impacted information governance and e-discovery in many ways. Our panel of privacy experts will start by explaining some basic principles of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Protection Act. Next we will discuss the further impact on data privacy and e-discovery during the last year caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting cyberattacks and data breaches.And
- March 18, 5:00 p.m. ET
- Topic: Social Justice: The eDiscovery Community Responds Programs and Opportunities, Paid and Pro Bono
- Description: This panel will discuss existing and proposed programs from the perspective of service organizations, corporations, law firms and service providers. Opportunities for technical, legal/technical, paralegals and attorneys will be discussed. Programs open for students, paid and unpaid, will also be highlighted. We will share resources, challenges and opportunities to connect to make a difference.
- Registration: https://ufl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUqfuCrqTsrH91qGPSt66u6qkeaWJZjIgye
Parrish-Dixon is frequently sought by legal associations and publications for her speaking and writing talents. Before co-founding the ETRM Group, she was the Director of White House Information Governance for the Executive Office of the President and before that she was the Assistant Director of the Division of Litigation Technology and Analysis at the Federal Trade Commission. She is a former defense litigator and currently sits on several industry Advisory Boards. Parrish-Dixon is barred in the District of Columbia, holds the NARA Certificate of Federal Records Management, and became CEDS certified in 2012. She received her law degree from The College of William & Mary.
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Proactive Measures to Avoid Potential Data Breaches & Cyber-Attacks – WIPL, October 2020
- Anatomy of a Legal Hold: From Corporations and Governments to the Law Firm & Service Providers, Legalweek (Year) – February 3, 2021
Parrish-Dixon is scheduled to appear on two upcoming podcasts: Debbie Reynolds’s “The Data Diva,” and Ari Kaplan’s “Reinventing Professionals.”